Infrastructure matters because business outcomes matter and new outcomes entail new infrastructure demands.
With new workloads, such as, cloud, analytics, mobile and social placing additional demands on the server, sever virtualization management tool and storage systems we are currently utilizing - the right infrastructure matters, and the right infrastructure needs to be fast, flexible, reliable, secure, and manageable.
Come learn how the breakthrough with Flash storage combined with the very latest innovative IBM POWER8 technology announcements meet these new demands.
PowerVC is the new advanced virtualization management offering for Power Systems, built on OpenStack. PowerVC delivers advanced virtualization management for IBM AIX and Linux environments on IBM POWER Systems. PowerVC has quick time to value as the focus of this offering is simplicity and ease of use. PowerVC enables Power Systems customers to lower their Total Cost of Ownership with simplified ease of use and capabilities, easily deploy and move workloads and maximize resource utilization. PowerVC has been built to require little to no training to get moving on optimizing your power system virtualization, with advanced placement policies and monitoring and management of VMs.
PowerVC editions include the following features and benefits:
- Virtual machine image capture, deployment, resizing, and management
- Resource pooling through shared storage pools
- Policy-based VM placement to help improve usage and reduce complexity
- Real-time management optimization and VM resilience to help increase productivity
- VM Mobility with placement policies to help reduce burden on IT staff in a simplified GUI
- A management system that manages existing PowerVM deployments
- Security through existing Active Directory deployments
PowerVC Standard Edition includes new support for PowerKVM which includes the following features and benefits:
- Support for managing Red Hat and SUSE guest VMs that are running under PowerKVM
- Enhanced storage configurations specific to PowerKVM, including NFS storage
- Support for Open vSwitch network configurations under PowerKVM