Upgrading Informix Dynamic Server Version 10.00 to Versions 11.10 or 11.50:
When installing IDS 11.10 or 11.50, if you choose the option "Upgrade from the previous version", all the server binaries will be upgraded to the newer version(s) automatically.
Upgrading Informix Dynamic Server from Version 11.10 to 11.50:
When installing IDS 11.50 on Windows, direct upgrade from IDS 11.10 is not supported. If “Upgrade from the previous version” is selected the following message pops up. Installer stops beyond this point.
Since the support to install both 11.10 and 11.50 on the same machine exists, it is recommended to choose the option “Install into a default/different directory” (shown in the panel below) to install IDS 11.50. Note: This will not upgrade IDS 11.10 to IDS 11.50.
As part of providing a folder name to install the product, a completely new path must be supplied. If the folder selected already contains binaries from IDS 11.10, then the following message pops up.
User can respond to the question “Do you want to select another folder? “. Clicking “yes”, the installer returns to the destination panel where they can provide a different folder. Clicking No, the installer goes to finish panel
The recommended approach to upgrade to 11.50 is
- Uninstall IDS 11.10 using "Retain database, but remove server binaries option"
- Save all the Registry Keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Informix\OnLine\
- Install the later version (IDS 11.50) to the same path.
- Make sure that you do not initialize the server when installing.
- Copy the ONCONFIG file to the target and set parameters that are new for the current release.
- Bring the server up using Control Panel->Services or any other method without initializing.