Please keep in mind that:
- The product is still listed as IDSAdmin on the Beta download site.
- The Readme file downloadable from the Beta site is (at the time of writing) the out of date one from March - do not use it, instead unzip the oatids package and refer to the Readme in there.
Here is a copy of the current Readme:
OpenAdmin Tool For IDS - v2.10- July 2007
OpenAdmin Tool For IDS ( OAT ) , is a PHP based administration consolewhich can be used to administer one or more IBM Informix Dyanamic Server11.10 instances.
OAT requires the following products to be installed:
- A Webserver (Apache 2.2.3)
- IBM I-Connect or CSDK (3.00)
- PHP 5 compiled with PDO, PDO_SQLITE, GD and SOAP enabled. (5.2.2)
- Informix PDO Module.
Installation Instructions1. Install and set up a working web server that has been configured toserve php pages.
(For more information see the NOTES section below.)
2. Update the php configuration file.
- edit the php.ini
- add two new lines to the 'extension' section of the configuration fileif they are not present:
- modify the parameter memory_total to 256M.
4. Install the OpenAdmin Tool For IDS package.
- Extract the OAT package into your web server document root directory.
6. Start the webserver, making sure INFORMIXDIR points to the Client SDKor I-Connect install location in the webserver environment.
- Find the user and group that runs the apache ( httpd ) server from the httpd.conf.
- chown <user>:<group> <OAT>/install ( Unix/Linux )
7. Launch the OAT installer by visiting the web page:
SERVERNAME = the name of your machine
LOCATION = where you extracted the tar file (e.g. oat )
Follow the instructions in the OAT installation screens, including obtainingan optional Google Maps API key for your domain if required.
Once installation is complete, point your browser at the OAT root URL.From there you can click on Admin and add a new IDS 11.10 Connection tothe default group or create a new group. If using an I-Connect or ClientSDK version prior to 3.0 then for each new connection you add, there needsto be a corresponding SQLHOSTS entry for that connection on the webservermachine.
Once a connection is created the "Get Servers" link from theOAT root page will retrieve the list of connections you have created.
Installing an Apache webserver with PHP is not a straight forward task, thankfully there are 3rd party solutions available. A popular choiceis XAMPP.
XAMPP is an easy to install Apache distribution containing MySQL , PHPand Perl. XAMPP can be obtainedfrom,
The XAMPP version 1.6.2 for Windows contains everything you need to runOAT (with the exception of IBM I-Connect or CSDK ), download and installationinformation is available at
XAMPP ( also called as LAMPP ) is also available for Linux, however you will need to download the 'Development Package' in order to compile the Informix PDO Driver. Download and installation information is available at
Informix PDO DriverThe following developerWorks article contains useful information to assistwith building an Informix PDO driver: