OpenAdmin Tool for IDS, the PHP-based administration console for IDS, is now available for downloadfrom the Free Product download site.
Updated 2/14/08 with new recommended PHP and XAMPP versions which are good for Cheetah and Cheetah 2.
Note: This article was updated for the latest version of OpenAdmin Tool on July 30 2007.
Installation of OpenAdmin can appear complex - this article provides anexample of one way of installing OpenAdmin. This example uses an XAMPP package on Windows. XAMPP is a bundle of open-source utilities (such as Apache, PHP and PEAR) thatare used by OpenAdmin. Installing XAMPP simplifies the OpenAdmin install,but many other installation and configuration options are possible.
High-level Summary of Install steps
Detailed steps are provided below. This is the high-level sequence of stepsyou will follow:
- Install CSDK or Connect 3.00.TC1 (or later)
- Download and extract the XAMPP 1.6.4 zip file
- Run XAMPP setup
- Edit the php configuration file
- Download and extract the OpenAdmin package
- Start the Apache Webserver
- Install and configure OpenAdmin
If not already installed, install the Informix Client software. Rememberwhere you install it; the INFORMIXDIR value will need to be set as an environment variable when you start thewebserver. You can set INFORMIXDIR in the system environment using Control Panel->System. (Note: CSDK or Connect 3.00.TC1 or later is recommended.)2. Download XAMPP and extract files.
- Download XAMPP version 1.6.4 (xampp-win32-1.6.4.zip) from http://www.apachefriends.org/download.php?xampp-win32-1.6.4.zip to a temporary location.
- Unzip XAMPP to the destination directory of your choice. (In this example we'll assume the zip was extracted to c:\, which would put the XAMPP software in c:\XAMPP\.)
3. Run XAMPP setup
cd to the XAMPP directory and run setup_xampp. When the batch file finishes running, press any key to continue.
4. Update the php configuration file (php.ini)
Navigate to the xampp\apache\bin subdirectory, and open the php.ini file in a text editor. (Note: the XAMPP package contains more than onephp.ini file - the correct one is in xampp\apache\bin (i.e., c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini).)
Edit php.ini to enable the SQLITE and Informix PDO drivers:
- Locate the following lines and remove any comment indicators from in front of them:
- Add the following line to the file:
5. Download and Extract the OpenAdmin zip file.
- Download the OpenAdmin zip file from the Open Source download site to a temporary location.
- Create a new directory under c:\xampp\htdocs to contain the zipped files (For example: c:\xampp\htdocs\openadmin)
- Unzip oatids.zip to this new directory.
6. Start the Apache Webserver.
- Verify INFORMIXDIR is set to the Informix Connect or CSDK directory.
- Run c:\xampp\xampp-control.exe.
- Start the Apache Webserver.
7. Install and Configure OpenAdmin.
Go to http://localhost/openadmin/install and follow the installation instructions. After the first install screen a check will be made to ensure you have the correct PDO drivers:
Enter the base URL for your machine, language defaults, and optionallythe Google maps key for your machine URL:
8. Start using OpenAdmin
Once installation is complete you can go to the main page (http://localhost/openadmin in this example), click Admin and start adding IDS 11.10 connections. Important: If you are using a version of CSDK prior to 3.00.TC1, there must be aSQLHOSTS entry on the Webserver machine for each connection you add (use setnet32 to add Informix servers to SQLHOSTS on Windows).
Once a connection is defined you can return to the main screen and connect:
The connection administration allows you to create groups of connections, and assign a password for each group, making it easier to administer a large number of instances.
Inge Halilovic, Guy Bowerman