OpenAdmin Tool for IDS has been greatly enhanced in version 2.20 with a completely redesigned user interface, a new automated installer, and lots of new IDS admin functionality. OpenAdmin Tool for IDS (OAT) is a PHP-based Web browser administration tool for IDS 11 and IDS 11.5 that provides the ability to administer multiple database server instances from a single location. OAT makes administration easy by allowing you to drill down on resource usage and events, view query performance statistics, and much more. And since the tool is written in PHP and available as open source, you can customize it with your own business logic and installation requirements.
New feature highlights of OpenAdmin Tool for IDS version 2.20 include:
- Automated Installer: For users who want an easy, hassle-free install, there is a new automated GUI installer that will install and configure Apache, PHP, I-Connect, and OAT. For users who want to use or install their own Apache/PHP configurations, OAT is also released as a stand-alone package.
- All-New Look: OAT version 2.20 has a completely new and improved UI
- Automated Update Statistics: Configure rules and define a schedule to have IDS automatically maintain your database server's statistics
- Onconfig Recommendations: Get recommendations for your onconfig settings that are tuned to your specific database server instance; modify dynamic onconfig parameters directly through OAT
- Enhanced Mach11 Support: Including a Connection Manager interface, an SDS Setup Wizard, and the ability to start and stop Mach11 servers remotely
- Historical Performance Graphs: View and monitor historical trends of key performance measurements
- Task Scheduler Wizard: Use OAT’s new wizard to define new tasks in the scheduler
- Read-Only Access: Define groups in OAT that can monitor IDS database servers but not perform administrative tasks
- And the list goes on…. Virtual Processor Administration, System Integrity Checks, a Privileges Manager, environment variable support on OAT connections, the ability to kill database sessions remotely through OAT, and more!
Download OAT version 2.20 now at https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?lang=en_US&source=swg-informixfpd, or at www.iiug.org in the Members Area.
Erika Von Bargen