If you're installing Informix server in a Unicode environment, check out the tips that we added about setting the GL_USEGLU environment variable. You’ll learn:
- How to set GL_USEGLU to prevent server and collation problems
- What happens in certain situations if you don’t set GL_USEGLU
- How to check what locale is used for the server startup environment
- How to determine whether a database is a Unicode database
- How to determine the exact locale of a database
Examples are provided to show the steps that you must use to create a Unicode database. And, just in case something doesn’t go as expected, we added some troubleshooting tips for errors that you might encounter.