With IBM® Informix® version 12.10.xC5, the powerful and flexible basic text searching feature is now available for Linux on IBM Power Series and IBM zSeries machines:
- IBM Power Series 64-bit with Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES releases 5.3, 6, and 7, and SUSE SLES 11
- IBM zSeries 64-bit with Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES releases 5.3 and 6, and SUSE SLES 11
If you're not already a fan of basic text search, here's some of the reasons why you should be:
- You have precise control over what data is indexed for text searches. You can index any type of text data, including XML or JSON documents.
- You control how the data is indexed by choosing an analyzer, and creating synonyms and stopwords.
- You can run word, phrase, Boolean, proximity, and fuzzy searches.
Find out more: basic text searching.