IBM® Informix® 12.10 comes with the new Informix Primary Storage Manager (PSM) to use with the ON-Bar utility to back up and restore data. PSM replaces the Informix Storage Manager. PSM is configured by default: you don't have to do anything to set it up. Just run a backup with the onbar command and you'll be using PSM!
Here are some of the features of PSM:
- You use file devices for backups.
- There's no buffer transfer size limit.
- You can enable compression and encryption through ON-Bar.
- You can expire backup objects from the storage manager with the onsmsync utility.
- You can change the PSM configuration by resetting any of the 6 PSM configuration parameters in the onconfig file.
- You can use PSM with ON-Bar in the OpenAdmin Tool for Informix.
- You use the onpsm utility to manage PSM catalogs, devices, locks, and objects.
Check out these examples of configuring and using PSM.