With the holidays just around the corner, this is the right time to add to the spirit by announcing the new release of Data Studio
188.8.131.52 (the complimentary tooling for DB2 and IDS). Along with improved quality, following are the two significant functionalities we added:
- Administration of DB2 pureScale: If you aren't already aware, DB2's new version provides continuous availability through the use of highly reliable IBM PowerHA technology on IBM Power systems and a cluster- based shared disk architecture. DB2 pureScale provides practically unlimited capacity for any transactional workload. Thanks to a proven, scalable architecture, you can grow your application to meet the most demanding business requirements. Using Data Studio, you can do the following administrative tasks on DB2 pureScale
- Cluster Members: Start, Stop, Configure, Quiesce, Unquiesce
- PowerHA pureScale Server (CF): Start, Stop, Configure
- Basic single query tuning features: The following features have been incorporated from the deprecated Optimization Service Center for DB2 for z/OS:
- Capture queries from all data sources that Optimization Service Center for DB2 for z/OS supports and from XML files that are exported from DB2 Query Monitor for z/OS.
- View formatted queries.
- View access plan graphs.
- Capture information about the data server that queries run against, a feature which corresponds to Service SQL in Optimization Service Center for DB2 for z/OS
- Generate reports on the performance of queries.
- Run the Query Statistics Advisor to analyze the statistics that are available for the data that a query accesses, check for inaccurate, outdated, or conflicting statistics, and look for additional statistics that you might capture to improve how the data server processes the query.
Note that even if the above features have a legacy in the Optimization Service Center for DB2 for z/OS, you also get the same functionality for DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows in Data Studio. For integration with Optim Development Studio
or for more advisors, such as Query Advisor, Access Path Advisor and Index Advisor, you need Optim Query Tuner
The above new features are only available from the stand-alone package of Data Studio, which is being refreshed. Hereis a link to the download document
that includes links to both the Data Studio stand-alone refresh and IDE Fix Pack.
Or, if you want to go ahead and download Data Studio stand-alone right now, here is a direct link
. And don’t forget the new free e-book, Getting Started with Data Studio for DB2, which you can download here
We have a lot of exciting things planned for 2010. So stay tuned and happy holidays!!