At the end of August we released a new fixpack for InfoSphere Optim Performance Manager (OPM) 126.96.36.199. In addition to defect rollup, there were a few functional enhancements as well:
- Most importantly, we have improved the ability to generate custom reports from the performance repository. New documentation, table functions, and Tivoli Common Reporting support custom report generation. Or users can use any reporting tool of choice.
- Commonly requested, we have added a pre-built cross-database report for periodic reviews of your database landscape.
- We have implemented feedback to the Table Usage and Performance Overview reports
- When monitoring DB2 9.7 or later, you can further reduce the scope of what monitoring data is captured based on monitor profile filters, e.g. excluding catalog tables for table metrics collection.
- Enhancements to DB2 Workload Manager support include collection of additional metrics introduced in DB2 9.7 and DB2 10 as well as the ability to allow OPM to start another statistics event monitor when one is already started outside of OPM.
- Optim performance Manager now also runs on HP-UX 11i v3 IA64 and Solaris 10 x86-64
For Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Expert on z/OS users, Optim Performance Manager added stored procedure monitoring enabling a view of the aggregate expense of a stored procedure, analysis of calling paths, and correlation of SQL calls with the stored procedure that issued them.
A more detailed description of the content is available in the What's New page. Existing customers can grab the fixpack from Fix Central.