The fix packs for products in the Data Studio family 2.1 have arrived!
The fix packs includes enhancements and fixes to the Version 2.1 release of IBM Data Studio Developer, IBM Data Studio Administrator, IBM Data Studio pureQuery Runtime and of InfoSphere Data Architect 7.5.1. These fix packs are intended to fix problems you may have experienced in the 2.1 release. For additional information or detail on included fixes please check out these links.
Data Studio Administrator Fix Pack 1
InfoSphere Data Architect Fix Pack 1
Data Studio Developer Fix Pack 1
For those who already have these products installed on Windows, you will use IBM Installation Manager to apply the fix pack:
- Go to the link to download the compress file for Fix Pack 1 and then extract it to a temporary directory. For example, C:\temp
- Start the IBM Installation Manager by going to Start > All Programs > IBM Installation Manager > IBM installation Manager
- In the IBM Installation Manager, click File > Preferences... this will launch Preferences wizard. What you want to do here is click "Add Repository..." and then you can put the path for fix pack 1. For example, C:\temp. Click OK after you have entered the path and click Apply on the Preferences page and OK.
- Back in the IBM Installation Manager start page, click Update Packages.
- Select IBM Data Studio (for Data Studio Administrator or Developer) or IBM Software Delivery Platform (for InfoSphere Data Architect) as the package you want to update and click Next.
- On the licensing page, read the license agreement and select "I accept the terms in the license agreement" and click Next.
- On the summary page, verify the installation information and click Update. This will begin the installation of the fix pack on your system.
- When the installation is complete you can click Finish, and close IBM Installation Manager.
For those who don't have the products installed, go ahead and download the trial versions of the products from the following links:
Data Studio Developer
Data Studio Administrator
InfoSphere Data Architect
(By they way, you can find all these links together on the Data Studio Community Space.)
- Unzip the Data Studio package you just downloaded and click setup.exe. This will launch/install IBM Installation Manager.
- When prompted to select packages to install, click Check for Other Versions and Extensions. This will show you both the newest IBM Installation Manager, plus the fix pack!
Now you are ready to go!
We also have fix packs for DB2 Performance Expert and DB2 Performance Expert Insight Feature:
DB2 Performance Expert Version 3.2 Fix Pack 1
DB2 Performance Expert Extended Insight Feature Version 3.2 Fix Pack 1
-- Tina Chen