By now, through all the discussions around, one point is clear – IT infrastructure matters more than anything. Today’s continuing IT infrastructure conversation between business and IT leaders is about more than technology – it’s about the future of the business. And to better understand the conversations, IBM Institute for Business Value (IBV) recently surveyed 750 IT executives from across the globe which resulted in two reports.
The reports – The IT infrastructure conversation: New content, new participants, new tone and Continuing the IT infrastructure conversation:
Why building a strong foundation requires more than technology are an absolute eye-opener for organizations to take right decisions about their IT infrastructures today. Let’s take a look at some of the key findings of the reports:
- More than 70% of executives believe IT infrastructure plays an important role in enabling competitive advantage or optimizing revenue and profit
- Over 60% of organizations plan to increase their IT infrastructure investment over the next 12-18 months
- Only 22 percent of organizations have a well-defined enterprise IT infrastructure strategy and roadmap
- Only 30 percent are successful at collaborating with the business to provide IT infrastructure solutions to support their business needs
- Only 23 percent are successful at collecting, analyzing and documenting performance measures
- Only 39 percent are successful at supporting cross-functional teams of infrastructure domain experts to identify, source and implement IT infrastructure solutions
The reports outcomes clearly show that organizations with leading IT infrastructure practices are prepared and more successful than their peer groups. I encourage you to read the complete reports here and see how it helps make right decisions about your IT infrastructure. Join the conversation by using the hashtag #InfrastructureMatters or #IBVStudy on Twitter.