Ever wonder what support offerings, both assist and self-assist, are available to you as IBM Cloud clients?
Want to know where to find these resources and how to best utilize them to help with specific tasks?
This article serves to provide a menu of options for you to consider.
Please review and provide your comments and feedback in the section below.
If you find this article helpful, please click LIKE, SHARE or TWEET in order to help socialize this content with others.
New to IBM Support?
Try the new IBM Support OnBoarding tool:
The list of activities CATHY will assist you with includes:
- Obtaining an IBM ID
- Signing up for My Notifications, IBM Product Lifecycle Subscriptions and Social Media
- Support Channels
- Accessing the IBM Support Portal for product information
- Registering for Service Request (SR)
- Registering for Passport Advantage program (optional)
Get set up today!
Follow IBM Cloud Support on Twitter
The following options represent the support offerings available to you to help enhance your experience using IBM Cloud products and services:
|Forums: Ask questions of the product community and share your expertise with your peers.|
- dWAnswers - Log in and select the SPACE, such as Bluemix, DevOps Services, UrbanCode, and so on that represents the product in which you wish to participate. If a space is not available for a product, you can use the following tags to ask questions in dW Answers:
- IBM SmartCloud Orchrestrator/IBM Cloud Orchestrator: ico
- IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation: mobilefirst
- IBM Worklight: worklight
- stackoverflow - Log in and select the TAG, such as bluemix, devops, node.js, and so on that represents the area in which you wish to participate.
|IBM Communities: Register on IBM.com to access IBM applications, services, communities, support, on-line purchasing, and more.|
- Visit the IBM Support Portal to configure your support portal experience, sign up for My Notifications, review FAQs, and find lists of known problems, fixes, and a wealth of important support information.
- Visit IBM developerWorks to access an online collection of tutorials, sample code, standards, forums and other resources, which are provided by experts to assist software developers using IBM tools. Within developerWorks, access the IBM RFE Community, where you can view and submit product enhancement requests.
- Visit IBM developerWorks Developer Centers for the latest news, answers, samples, and documentation directly from IBM developers.
Visit the following IBM Cloud developerWorks communities:
- UrbanCode Release and Deploy community - Learn how to use the IBM UrbanCode Release and Deploy products to manage a pipeline of releases and automatically deploy them to different environments.
- DevOps community - This community space is for DevOps practitioners to share their stories, practices, and tips.
- Service Management Connect community - In relation to IBM Cloud offerings:
- Visit the Cloud/Virtualization Management community, where you can connect, learn, and share with the Cloud/Virtualization Management experts.
- Visit the Cloud/Virtualization Management group community to learn more about the IBM Cloud/Virtualization Management solutions and products.
- Visit the IBM Service Engage community to learn how to accelerate the way Dev and Ops work together.
Visit the following IBM Cloud Developer communities:
- Bluemix Developers Community - Learn how to create and deploy an application in minutes!
- UrbanCode Developers Community - Learn how to deliver software to market faster by accelerating your application delivery.
- IBM MobileFirst Platform Developers Community - Learn how to develop, test, manage, and secure your mobile applications.
- DevOps Services Developers Community - Learn about integrated agile planning, coding, building and deploying software.
- IBM Cloud marketplace Developers Community - Review a variety of Software as a Service products that can be up and running within minutes of ordering.
|Documentation: Review the product documentation for administration, configuration and general use of IBM products.|
- Visit the IBM Knowledge Center to search for and share information about IBM product documentation as well as create your own customized collection of documents.
- Visit the IBM developerWorks Technical Library for a collection of complex and formal technical content with illustrations.
- Visit the Bluemix Documentation area for product information related to Bluemix services including DevOps Services, MobileQuality Assurance for Bluemix and IBM Presence Insights (services overview & product documentation).
|Contacting support: How to get in touch with IBM Cloud Support.|
Depending on the product you have, use one of the following online portals to request assistance:
- IBM Cloud Orchestrator (formerly IBM SmartCloud Orchestrator)
- IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation (formerly IBM Mobile Foundation, IBM Worklight, and IBM Worklight Foundation)
- IBM Tivoli Service Automation Manager
- IBM UrbanCode products including UrbanCode Deploy, UrbanCode Deploy with Patterns, and UrbanCode Release
- IBM MobileFirst Quality Assurance
- IBM Bluemix services including DevOps Services, Mobile Quality Assurance, and IBM Presence Insights)
|Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance: A few tips to ensure your support experience begins on the right path.|
Before you contact IBM Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem.
When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently.
To save time, know the answers to these questions:
- What software versions were you running when the problem occurred?
- Do you have logs, traces, or messages that are related to the problem?
- Can you reproduce the problem? If so, what steps do you take to reproduce it?
- Is there a workaround for the problem? If so, be prepared to describe the workaround.
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.