We’ve recently seen a lot of excitement around the new IBM PureData System for Hadoop: an appliance that opens up the popular big data Hadoop framework to enterprise-level jobs.
As a recap, the system offers the following benefits:
- Simplify the delivery of unstructured data to the enterprise
- Integrate Hadoop with the data warehouse
- Leverage Hadoop for data archive
- Provide best in class security
- Provide data exploration across structured and unstructured data
- Accelerate insight with machine data
- Accelerate insight with social data
Now a number of our IBM Champions have been sharing their perspective on what this solution brings to the market.
James Taylor, CEO of Decision Management Solutions talks about the PureData System for Hadoop as a ‘landing zone,a place to pre-process data to clean or aggregate it, before moving it to the data warehouse. Presumably this includes text analytics, entity extraction etc.’ adding ‘The PureData for Hadoop appliance looks exactly what you would expect from IBM – a solid appliance with lots of enterprisey features that supports Hadoop.’
Meanwhile, Executive Consultant Richard R Lee stresses the importance of data governance:
More generally, Brian Kordelski talks of the growing desire for more big data functionality from his clients:
Want to learn more about enterprise-level big data processing? Take a look at PureData System for Hadoop.