Today, IBM made some big announcements around Blockchain that I thought might interest you. First, IBM announced a major collaboration to strengthen consumer confidence in the global food system in partnership with Walmart, Dole, Kroger, Nestle, and a host of other companies.
In addition, IBM launched the IBM Blockchain Platform. The platform is available on the IBM Cloud and addresses a wide range of enterprise pain points, including both business and technical requirements around security, performance, collaboration and privacy. It includes innovation developed through open source collaboration in the Hyperledger community, including the newest Hyperledger Fabric v1.0 framework and Hyperledger Composer blockchain tool, both hosted by the Linux Foundation.
My colleague – and Blockchain expert – Chris Ferris has written a blog post sharing the top 5 ways for developers to get started with Blockchain. Of course, I had to make my own top
5 6 actions to take this week to learn about and work with Blockchain.
- Read the blog from Chris Ferris on top 5 ways to get started: https://developer.ibm.com/dwblog/2017/getting-going-blockchain/
- Watch Chris on video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYoWf855I9g&feature=youtu.
- Review the platform https://www.ibm.com/blockchain/platform/ & the announcement http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/53013.wss
- Take a Blockchain journey: https://developer.ibm.com/code/journey/category/blockchain/
- Develop in the Blockchain sandbox: https://developer.ibm.com/blockchain/sandbox/
- Join the conversation. Tweet, blog, or share a video to tell us what you’re doing with blockchain, what you’ve learned, and what your questions are! Tag #blockchain and #ibmchampion!