There are times when you have done all the troubleshooting of Analyst's Notebook that you can and the only thing left to try is to do an uninstall and reinstall of the product. However, many users are not aware of the proper procedure that has to be followed in order to ensure that the uninstall of Analyst's Notebook is so complete, that no remnants of it are left. This is required in order that when you attempt to reinstall Analyst's Notebook, you are doing so as if Analyst's Notebook had never been on the machine.
By following the steps listed, one can properly and effectively eliminate all remnants of Analyst's Notebook. The instructions that follow are for users that only have Analyst's Notebook installed and no other i2 product installed on their machine.
INSTRUCTIONS TO DELETE ANALYST’S NOTEBOOK COMPLETELY
1. Log into the machine with Administrator credentials and perform the following:
Uninstall i2 Analyst’s Notebook using the system’s Control Panel --> “Add or Remove Programs” feature.
2. Then perform the following Registry clean up procedure.
Deleting Registry Keys steps:
a. Click START--> RUN or type into the “Search” field (varies by operating system)
b. Type “regedit.exe” without quotes
c. Delete the following keys:
i. (32-bit Operating System)
ii. (64-bit Operating System)
**Don't expand the folder. Delete the folder completely.
d. Delete the following keys:
a. (Both 32-bit and 64-bit Operating System)
**NOTE** You are removing both the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry keys for i2. If the above keys can’t be located, look in the following areas and delete each i2 folder completely as you find it:
3. Log out of the system and log back in using the primary user account (person who uses the computer the most) and perform the above steps again starting at numeral 1. to ensure all entries have been removed.
4. Locate and delete the following folders from the system
**WARNING** Back up all chart files as necessary or make sure they are not present in the below named folders before deleting. Charts end with the extension .ANB Confirm with local user before deleting. If the folder listed does not exist, then move to the next one in the list.
C:\Program Files (x86)\i2 Analyst's Notebook 8
C:\Program Files (x86)\i2 Analyst's Notebook Esri Edition
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\i2 Shared
5. Once all of the above steps have been completed, restart the system.
6. After restart completes, install Analyst’s Notebook again (as an administrator) and once finished, launch it.
7. Restart the system.
8. Have local user test functionality and whether or not system is still missing anything or is throwing back errors.