xivpath query essmap [hdisk#,hdisk#]
xivpath query wwpn [active]
xivpath query adapter
xivpath set adapter fscsi# offline [--force|--verbose]
xivpath set adapter fscsi# online [--verbose]
xivpath remove adapter fscsi#
xivpath restore connections
# 2014.06.02 - 22.214.171.124 version released
- Fixed an ODM check bug, where the script queried XIV LUN serial wasn't reflect the actual stored XIV serialID
- Implemented proper debugging via the XIVPATH_DEBUG variable
- ODM sanity check is disabled by default - you can enable it via the XIVPATH_CHECK_ODM variable
- Microcode check is disabled on NPIV adapters
- Added an extra function to the "query devlist": It does report the healthcheck_mode and healthcheck_interval from now on.
- Extra function added to the "query essmap" function: In case of a VIO client, the script will try to identify the connected VIO host adapter
- Fixed a bug, where the inquiry_xiv.AIX path wasn't properly detected, due to symlinked xivpath command.
- Code review: Aliased commands instead of command variables; proper printf instead of tabulated lines; proper typeset instead of ugly workarounds.
# 2015.11.06 - 126.96.36.199 version released
- Code review: Removed the 'bc', 'wc' pre-requisites
- Fixed a bug where a dezoned -but still configured- LUN could stop the script execution
- Added an extra function to the 'query wwpn': Now you can use the "active" flag to list only adapters that have active devices connected
- Fixed a bug in query_wwpn where certain adapter types microcode check could break the output format.
# 2016.06.20 - 188.8.131.52 version released
- User request: The help function now exit with a non-zero return code ( RC 42 :) )
- User request: Report the AIX serial number, not just the XIV serial. 'query devlist' has been modified to report that as well
- 'query essmap' function will report the dacX devices as well from now on - This could be useful in case there are no LUNs mapped to the server,
but you would like to know the zoning settings (without mapping any LUN from the XIV)
# 2016.08.23 - 184.108.40.206 version released
- Fixed a bug in the 'query devlist' function that's related to the Volume ID report check. The issue occurred when the LUN was mapped from a VIO server only
# 2017.01.10 - 220.127.116.11 version released
- Feature added: "query devlist" will check whether a LUN is mapped in a mirroring mode, as that can lock down the access to the LUN completely.
- User request: Implement headerless output. XIVPATH_NO_HEADER variable has been implemented to cover this request (similar to XIVPATH_DEBUG)
- Code review: Removed the "let" calls from numeric calculation
- Code review: Error (non-0 RC related) messages are written to STDERR
# 2017.06.02 - 18.104.22.168 version released
- Fixed an issue where the script falsely claimed that a LUN is related to DR Mirroring
- Fixed a typo bug in "query essmap" where the script would fail with a "syntax error" in case the LUN is virtualized from a VIO server
- Fixed a logical bug in "restore connections" where the function could report a completed connection restore incorrectly
v22.214.171.124 - https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/glukacs/resource/xivpath.126.96.36.199.tar.zip
v188.8.131.52 - https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/glukacs/resource/xivpath.184.108.40.206.tar.zip
# For those who are looking for the original downloads for version 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168 I owe an apology - I did forgot to update the blog post related to those, although I did work on the "development" (fixes here and there) of this tool.