A compressed tar file is also due to be uploaded in the next day or so. Non-Windows users who would like to avoid the self-extracting executable and can't wait for the compressed tar file can rename the .exe file as a .rar file and use an unrar utility to extract it.
Thanks to "patrick", "hatrick" and "rougail" for alerting me to problem with the tar file last week (unfortunately Thanksgiving got in the way of getting it fixed).
New features and updates since 1.0
There have been many incremental improvements to the virtual appliance since version 1.0. Here is a list of some of the changes...
- Improved compatibility with with VMware Workstation 5.x and ESX
- Enable Shared Folder C:\Temp (default is enabled)
- Adjust screen saver (increased time to 30 minutes and remove password protect)
- Update HDR server name in PHP cluster demo pages
- Update cluster demo PHP examples (index.html page to use terminology consistent with docs; use docs template)
- Upgrade IDS to 11.50.xC3
- Configure the ld.so.conf mechanism to support J/Foundation (Krakatoa)
- Improved and updated documenation
- Ensure Apache server responds to both the static and DHCP IP addresses
- Add desktop shortcut to OpenAdmin tool for users informix and developer
- Change the default screen resolution to 1024x768 for all users and for initial login
- Fix a problem with HDR failover
- Eliminate VMWare startup dialog regarding I moved it/I copied it
What would you like to see improved or changed? Please comment.
I am told the updated release notes will appear on the download site today, but here is a copy..
IDS 11.50.xC3 Developer's Edition Virtual Appliance V1.2========================================================
VMWare Workstation 6.x (or later), or;VMWare Player 2.0.3, 2.5, or later
A minimum of 1GB of Memory (2GB Recommended)A minimum of 12GB of Free Disk space
Steps to install and start the IDS 11.50.xC3 Developer's Edition Virtual Appliance:
1. Uncompress the Virtual Appliance (See installation notes below for UNIX/Linux)
2. Launch the Virtual Appliance
3. Log in with the following information:
Username = root Password = root
4. Review and place valid inputs in Automated OS configuration modules to configure your Virtual Appliance
5. Read and accept all license agreements
6. Log in with the following information: Username = developer Password = developer
- or -
Username = informix Password = informix
7. Have fun!
Use the following command to uncompress the virtual appliance on UNIX/Linux systems:
tar xvzf filename
You must download and install Adobe Flash Player in order to run the OpenAdmin tool.See the instructions in the Welcome file when the appliance starts.
If the host computer you are using is not connected to a network when you start the appliance, you may experience network errors; these errors can be ignored.
On Windows systems, the virtual appliance does not support FAT32 file systems. UseNTFS instead.