Oh, and if you're interested in that, you'll also be interested in this developerWorks article published last week: Deploy 4GL functions as Web services
Early Program Announcement
The IBM Information Management team would like to invite you to participate in the early validation of IBM 4GL 7.50. We are providing some introductory information about the product and program for you to review. Please let us know if you're interested and when you are free to have an introductory call. We look forward to working with you!
The objectives of the program are to :
- Validate the 4GL Web Services to make it easy for applications to access the code as a web service complying with widely-used open standards so that it can be used by a variety of applications. For example, web-based scripting such as PHP or languages such as Java or C++.
- Validate the ease of use and accuracy of the documentation
- Provide direct customer input to development, marketing, and sales
- Validate General Availability (GA) readiness
- Achieve visibility in the market
4GL 7.50 includes the following functionality:
- I4GL-SOA will provide two new programs to assist with packaging I4GL services for external consumption (I4GL as Web Service Provider: I4GL-WSP), and to assist with packaging external services for consumption by I4GL
- These are planned dates and are subject to change
|Nominations accepted until||January 2009|
|Customer Selection||January 2009|
|Validation Start||Feb 2009|
|Validation End||March 2009|
Weekly technical support calls with development engineers
|Customer Validation Manager||Development Manager||Project Manager|
|Madhuri Ahuja||Priyadarshi Jena||Samantha Tran|
|ahujam _at_ us.ibm.com||priyadarshi.jena _at_ in.ibm.com||samtran _at_ us.ibm.com|
The major purpose of this program is to obtain feedback from customers and business partners and build references and case studies about product usage.