New Informix related features include, among other things:
- Support for running UPDATE STATISTICS for databases, tables and columns.
- Viewing statistics information for tables, columns and indexes.
- Improved Trigger support - you can create and alter triggers in the data source explorer.
- Table Fragmentation support - when creating a table you can specify Round Robin or Expression based distribution, and add partitions (and expressions), and also edit the partitioning strategy for a table.
- New table creation options - Raw table, first extent size, next extent size, lock level, DB Space.
- Specify the dbspace when creating a new index.
- New features for creating constraints - enabled, filtering with error, filtering without error, and disabled modes.
For further reading on the new Data Studio release take a look at the Data Studio Team blog, where new articles by Sonali Surange and Curt Cotner cover it in more detail, and the recent developerWorks article by Sonali: What’s new and exciting in IBM Data Studio Developer 2.1 - Get better application insight and increase your productivity.