Take a look at the Linux Information Center for Installing Linux with the IBM Installation Toolkit for PowerLinux, http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/lnxinfo/v3r0m0/topic/liaan/powerpack.htm.
About IBM Installation Toolkit for PowerLinux version 5.2
The IBM® Installation Toolkit for PowerLinux speeds up the installation of Linux, and gives you access to the IBM value-added software necessary to fully use the capabilities of the Power® platform. You can use the IBM Installation Toolkit on PowerLinux servers, including IBM PowerLinux™ and IBM Power Systems™ servers running Linux.
You can use the IBM Installation Toolkit to:
- Install and configure Linux on a non-virtualized Power Systems server.
- Install and configure Linux on servers with previously-configured logical partitions (LPARs, also known as virtualized servers).
- Install IBM service and productivity tools on a new or previously installed Linux system. The IBM service and productivity tools include dynamic logical partition (DLPAR) utilities.
- Upgrade system firmware level on Power Systems servers.
- Perform diagnostics or maintenance operations on previously installed systems.
- Access documentation resources included with IBM Installation Toolkit.
- Migrate a LAMP server (software stack) and application data from a System x® to a System p® system.
IBM Installation Toolkit version 5.2:
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8
- Support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2
- IBM Installation Toolkit Simplified Setup Tool 2.1
- IBM Electronic Service Agent for PowerLinux
have comments on the IBM Installation Toolkit documentation, please drop us a
line here, or use the Send Feedback link from any Linux Information Center
Also, check out the IBM Systems Support. IBM Installation Toolkit for Linux landing page: http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/lopdiags/installtools/home.html