By: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho.
The first release of series 8.0 is now available.
This release provides many bugfixes and package updates, including:
- GCC 4.9.2
- GDB 7.8
- Python 3.4.1
- GCC fixes for:
- Fix for Valgrind itrace not tracing the first call to library functions.
- Start distributing big endian and little endian packages in the same release.
Due to the last item, you will notice 3 cross compiler packages:
- advance-toolchain-at8.0-cross-ppc64: provides a cross compiler for POWER big endian.
- advance-toolchain-at8.0-cross-ppc64le: provides a cross compiler for POWER little endian.
- advance-toolchain-at8.0-cross-common: provides common files to the cross compiler. It will be automatically installed by yum, aptitude or apt-get.
For download links, more information and documentation, please refer to our off
Please let us know if you have any questions about this release.
About the IBM Advance Toolchain for PowerLinux
The IBM Advance Toolchain for PowerLinux is a set of open source development tools (compiler, debugger and profiling tools) and runtime libraries that allow users to take leading edge advantage of IBM's latest POWER hardware features on Linux.
For more information about it, visit h