By: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho.
The IBM Advance Toolchain for PowerLinux is a set of open source development tools and runtime libraries that allow users to take leading edge advantage of IBM's latest POWER hardware features on Linux.
A new update release for the 7.0 series is now available, and it includes the following:
- GDB now ignores VDSO warnings.
GCC fixes for the following issues:
- mullw sets condition code incorrectly.
- Add documentation about the HTM built-ins.
- Powerpc -O0 -mcpu=power7 generates sub-optimal code to load 0.
- Fix spurious "backtraces skipped due to no file mapping" log entries.
- Add support for getting the Kernel symbols from /proc/kallsyms.
- Allow all native events for IBM POWER8 in POWER7 compat mode.
- Fix sample attribution problem when using multiple events.
For download links, more information and documentation, please refer to our official documentation page at http
Please let us know if you have any questions about this release.