By: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho.
The IBM Advance Toolchain for PowerLinux is a set of open source development tools and runtime libraries that allow users to take leading edge advantage of IBM's latest POWER hardware features on Linux.
A new update release for the 7.0 series is now available, and it includes the following:
- PAFLib 0.0.1
- GCC fixes for the following issues:
GNU C Library provides the following:
- strcpy/stpcpy optimization for 64-bit POWER7.
- Fall back to non-cached sequence traversal and comparison on malloc fail.
- Buffer overflow in readdir_r.
- PTR_MANGLE does not initialize to a random value for the pointer guard when compiling static executables.
- Fix stack overflow due to large AF_INET6 requests.
- Fix setjmp/longjmp unaligned buffer access.
- Fix POWER7 memrchr for some large inputs.
- Fix backtrace to handle signal trampolines.
- Fix an issue when calling gettimeofday() from a shared library.
- ophelp schema is missing.
- CPI breakdown analysis needs ability to count certain events by rising edge.
Valgrind fixes and features:
- Add full POWER8 support.
- Fix for itrace manual generation.
- Fix for "Using --num-K-insns-to-collect option may result in up to 4k of lost trace data".
For download links, more information and documentation, please refer to our official documentation page at http
Please let us know if you have any questions about this release.