By: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho.
The IBM Advance Toolchain for PowerLinux is a set of open source development tools and runtime libraries that allow users to take leading edge advantage of IBM's latest POWER hardware features on Linux.
A new major release is now available, and it features:
- New base toolchain, based on GCC 4.8.1 and glibc 2.18
- POWER8 enablement
- POWER8 Optimized scheduler
- POWER8 Transactional Memory enablement
- POWER8 Crypto Operations enablement
- POWER8 Fusion enablement
- POWER8 optimized system libraries
- GCC now defaults to -mcpu=power7 and -mtune=power8
- GDB 7.6
- OProfile 0.9.9 with ocount
This release requires POWER7 or newer processors.
For download links, more information and documentation, please refer to our official documentation page.
For example, the Advance Toolchain 7.0 packages for RHEL 6 are available here.