A new update release for the 8.0 series of the IBM Advance Toolchain for Linux on Power is now available.
This is the first release to support RHEL 7.1 on POWER little-endian (ppc64le). It also provides:
GCC fixes for:
- GCC generates an insn not found error message when using -m32 -mpowerpc64.
- gccgo fixes the value of GOARCH on POWER little-endian.
- gccgo added support for PPC64 ELF relocation types.
- Optimized implementations for powerpc64/powerpc64le of the functions: strcpy, stpcpy, strncpy, stpncpy, strtok, strtok_r, strcmp and strncmp.
- Improved 64-bit implementation of strcat and strncat.
- Fix a memcmp performance regression on POWER7.
- Provide security fixes for: CVE-2012-3406, CVE-2014-7817 and CVE-2014-9402.
- Fix CVE-2014-9474 on GNU MPFR.
- OpenSSL provides 8 security advisories.
- Binutils provides:
For download links, more information and documentation, please refer to our o
Please let us know if you have any questions about this release.
About the IBM Advance Toolchain for Linux on Power
The IBM Advance Toolchain for Linux on Power is a set of open source development tools (compiler, debugger and profiling tools) and runtime libraries that allow users to take leading edge advantage of IBM's latest POWER hardware features on Linux.
For more information about it, visit h