A brand new release of IBM PowerKVM - V3.1.0 is now available. PowerKVM V3.1.0 delivers new server and I/O adapter support, enhanced availability options, and improved automation. These new PowerKVM capabilities give you more virtualization options for PowerKVM that improve usability, performance, and availability. PowerKVM V3.1.0 offers the following new functions:
- The Host OS runs in Little Endian mode
- vCPU and Memory hot-plug support
- vCPU hot-plug add and remove
- Memory hot-plug add
- Automated dynamic micro-threading support, which automates setting micro-threading dynamically when systems require this during resource over-commitment
- Support for new Linux scale-out S812LC (Habanero) and S822LC (Firestone) servers
- Support for new (& existing) Linux distribution releases guest VMs
- RHEL6.7 BE, RHEL7.1 BE and LE, RHEL7.2 BE and LE
- SLES11 SP4 BE, SLES12 LE, SLES12 SP1 LE (when available)
- Ubuntu 14.04.3, 15.04, 15.10 LE
- Development Kit for PowerKVM (AS-IS support) - can be found here.
For more information and documentation, please refer to our official PowerKVM V3.1 documentation page.
About the IBM PowerKVM
IBM® PowerKVM™ provides an open virtualization choice for IBM scale-out Linux systems based on the POWER8™ technology. This solution includes the Linux open source technology of KVM virtualization and is designed to complement the performance, scalability and security qualities of Linux. This provides an open extendable solution for running virtual machines (VMs) on Linux scale-out servers that enables cloud deployments, scale-out processing and big data solutions reducing complexity and cost.
For more information about it, visit http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/linux/powerkvm/