A new update release for the 10.0 series of the IBM Advance Toolchain for Linux on Power is now available.
This release provides many package updates, including:
- GCC 6.2
- Glibc 2.24
- Binutils 2.27
- GDB 7.11
- Support for Ubuntu 16.04.
- GCC provides fixes for complex IEEE 128-bit floating point and support for IEEE 128-bit floating point built-ins.
- GCC creates binaries using --mcpu=power8 --mtune=power8 by default on ppc64le.
- Valgrind provides a fix for missing support for wbit field on mtfsfi instruction.
- Valgrind Itrace provides a new option to only start instruction tracing when a given function starts.
- Cross-compiler packages are now signed.
- OpenSSL provides 6 security advisories.
About the IBM Advance Toolchain for Linux on Power
The IBM Advance Toolchain for Linux on Power is a set of open source development tools (compiler, debugger and profiling tools) and runtime libraries that allow users to take leading edge advantage of IBM's latest POWER hardware features on Linux.
For more information about it, visit http://ibm.co/AdvanceToolchain.