By: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho.
The IBM Advance Toolchain for PowerLinux is a set of open source development tools and runtime libraries that allow users to take leading edge advantage of IBM's latest POWER hardware features on Linux.
A new update release for the 7.0 series is now available, and it includes the following:
- OpenSSL 1.0.1g, which isn't affected by the heartbleed bug.
- Binutils fixes references to __ehdr_start.
GCC changes for the following:
- Fix support for long double and _Decimal128 direct move on POWER8.
- Fix for Hardware Transactional Memory on POWER8.
- Improve atomic load/store code generation for POWER8.
- Add support for vbpermq for POWER8.
- GDB adds support for the new auxv entry AT_HWCAP2.
Libdfp fixes for the following issues:
- Fix issignaling for PowerPC DFP for zero inputs.
- Add missing fpclassify prototypes.
OProfile fixes for the following issues:
- opreport from 'operf --callgraph' profile shows incorrect recursive calls.
- Fix "Unable to open cpu_type file for reading" for IBM POWER7+.
- Fix regression in IBM POWER8 running in POWER7 compat mode.
- Make operf/ocount detect invalid timer mode from opcontrol.
- Fix up event codes for marked architected events.
- Plug timing hole between JIT agent and opjitconv that can corrupt dump.
- Enhance ocount to support millisecond time intervals.
SPHDE fixes for the following issues:
- Reset MMCR0 independently of PAF_EBB_FLAGS_RESET_PMU in the Event Based Branching.
- Fix paf enable/disable branches by avoid to set/reset the Global Enable (GE) bit in the Event Based Branching.
For download links, more information and documentation, please refer to our official documentation page at http://ibm.co/AdvanceToolchain.
Please let us know if you have any questions about this release.