IBM Cloud private Version 1.2.0 is now available for download!
IBM Cloud private is an application platform for developing and managing on-premises, containerized applications. It is an integrated environment for managing containers that includes the container orchestrator Kubernetes, a private image repository, a management console, and monitoring frameworks.
New name, same great experience
Starting with Version 1.2.0, IBM Spectrum Conductor for Containers is rebranded to IBM Cloud private. With this rebrand, the user experience that you know from the original product is maintained. However, the team will continuously improve IBM Cloud private while producing a product that scales and adapts to your business needs.
For more information about this new direction, check out the IBM Cloud private announcement blog on Bluemix.
Snapshot of what's new in Version 1.2.0
The full what’s new documentation is available in the IBM Knowledge Center.
Multiple product offerings
IBM Cloud private version 1.2.0 is now available in two offering packages:
- IBM Cloud private
- IBM Cloud private-ce (Community Edition)
IBM Cloud private is a fully supported, production ready offering, and IBM Cloud private-ce provides a free, limited offering that is ideal for test environments.
You can now manage GPU resource usage for applications and jobs that are running in an IBM Cloud private cluster. GPU is the processing power behind new workloads that are paving the way in fields such as machine learning and high performance computing systems.
Bug fixes and improvements
IBM Cloud private version 1.2.0 also includes bug fixes from IBM Spectrum Conductor for Containers releases. Key improvements and enhancements include:
- The installer now runs a pre-checker at the start of the installation process. This pre-checker verifies that system services such as DNS servers, service ports, and network interface cards for VIP are properly configured. The pre-checker also ensures that host names are resolvable.
- You can now run your cluster on hosts that have a firewall system and SELinux enabled.
- You can now assign guaranteed scheduling of a pod in your cluster by flagging it as a critical pod.
- Security for ELK services is enhanced.
- Management services and packages in the app center no longer have a default request for resources.
- You can now use the namespace label selector when you configure a network policy.
- You can now push and pull images to your private registry by using an authentication certificate.
Want to try IBM Cloud private 1.2.0 for free?
IBM Cloud private-ce, the free community edition version of this product, is available for download from DockerHub. IBM Cloud private-ce v1.2.0 does not support high availability cluster configurations.
You can download the IBM Cloud private-ce v1.2.0 package here:
Ready to go into full production?
If you’re ready to use IBM Cloud private in a production environment, contact your sales representative to get started.
Accessing the user documentation
You can access the IBM Cloud private v1.2.0 user documentation from the IBM Knowledge Center.
Connect with us!
Do you have a comment or question or want to report an issue? You can send us your feedback in several channels:
- Connect with us on Slack. Click here for an invitation to the Slack team.
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org