dw Answers: How does Social Media help our clients?
I wrote a previous article to identify important resources that our clients may take advantage of: Knowledge Resources: How can I help myself when errors occur? This article focuses on the "ECM Product forums" topic listed in that article.
Traditional Software Support systems post static content on Product Support Portal pages to document issues and the resolution of those issues. In the case of IBM clients, they access the IBM Support Portal by Product and use various search terms to complete their search criteria for such content. Once the search is initiated, a result set lists all content that meets that criteria. Our clients browse through the result set to find articles that address the issues they are having on their systems. When an article is not found, a Service Request (SR), formerly known as a PMR or Problem Management Record, is opened and the client works with our Support team to resolve the issue. Once the issue is resolved and the SR is closed, the IBM Support staff create a technical document around that issue/solution and publish the content so it can be found by other clients who have the same issue. Those technical documents or technotes can be found on the Support Portal pages.
Move now to a more Social IBM Support ! IBM developerWorks provides a forum called dw Answers. Through this type of Social Media channel, we make it easier for our clients to participate in and collaborate with us in helping you get answers to your questions. dw Answers provides a Question & Answer forum where you ask your question and receive replies from IBM Support or Development staff. Some of the content found in dw Answers may include similar content to what is found on the Product Support Portal. But, it provides so much more! dw Answers provides the following benefits to our clients:
- A new and improved way of asking questions to address topics of interest to our clients
- An interactive forum facilitating collaboration with others who share the same issues or who have the same questions
- A service that has the benefit of input from numerous technical resources giving the client a feeling of feedback around-the-clock
- The ability to participate in the Q&A so that we will know what content is most important to our clients
- The ability to follow a particular topic or forum
Our clients can access developerWorks using a login account. To participate in the product forums, select from one of the following links:
- Datacap Technical Mastery Business Partner Community
- IBM Content Navigator
- IBM Content Manager Enterprise Edition
- IBM FileNet Content Manager
To participate in dw Answers, use the tag ecmsupport to search or tag a question.
So, I recommend that our clients join developerWorks. Your participation in the product forums helps you stay proactive and informed on technical topics.