A couple of days ago I worked on a Blueworks Live (BWL) issue:
When my customer tried to load a Blueworks Live process to IBM Process Designer (PD) he got a
java.io.ioexception: server returned http response code : 401 for url: https://www.blueworkslive.com/scr/published.json?t=1502434765290 error.
If you want to connect to to BWL from IBM PD you have to take care to install / configure the correct SSL certificate to your environment
So my first concentration was on an issue with an incorrect certificate configuration.
However, a configuration check could NOT bring any problems to light leading to the reported problem. Everything was configured correctly.
The next step of my investigation was checking the user rights.
Server returned HTTP response code: 401 usually means the user is not authorized. May be the problem is related to URL username, password.
So we checked when we try to login to BWL from a web browser. The strange thing was - it worked pretty well. No exception, nothing. With the same userID and password we could login to BWL load the BWL processes.
That test told us the problem cannot be related to the user itself, otherwise the login would always fail.
Lets go back to Process Designer and to the reported exception. What we could see the exception was fired AFTER the authentication happened
Only after user authentication you get a select option to choose which BWL account you want to load.
In case the user authentication fails you will NOT get this select field !!!
So why we get this problem although
* user is authenticated correctly
* login to BWL works by generally
After some more investigation and try and error tests we figured out the problem is likely related to specific character used in account name.
(in our case Turkish 'S-cedilla').
This seems to be not an issue when a connection is made from web browser to BWL, but it does not work for a connection from within BPM/PD to BWL
The solution we used here was to rename the BWL account name. We managed to change the specific Turkish 'S-cedilla' to Latin 'S'.
My assumption is that the authentication succeeded but afterwards, when the URL is built in BPM/PD to load the BWL sources into PD something gets wrong and the specific character used in account name leads to the failing situation.
To avoid such kind of issues (maybe its a bug in the product) you should better use always standard Latin character.
And if this does not help, take two of these and call me in the morning.
Your Dr. Debug