How can you best implement and run specific SAP solutions on z Systems to meet your needs with respect to qualities of service?
SAP just reworked and published new versions of the three Reference Architectures:
- SAP on IBM z Systems - SAP Business Suite
- SAP on IBM z Systems - SAP for Banking
- SAP on IBM z Systems - SAP for Insurance
The SAP solutions covered in the Reference Architectures are commonly used at the core of large enterprises to run all kinds of business processes.
These solutions pose very demanding requirements on the underlying infrastructure. Due to the nature of these business environments, major requirements to the IT infrastructure typically are business continuity, security, automated operations, scalability and optimum support for integration tasks.
To ensure capturing the latest technology and business trends and to underline the importance of these Reference Architectures for your business, SAP takes care to update the documents on a bi-annual basis.
Starting into 2017, lots of important content has been added, to mention just a few:
- Various updates for the new database version DB2 12 for z/OS which became GA in 4Q2016.
- In the section on “Zero-Downtime Option (ZDO)” even more advancement for Continuous Availability. Only IBM z Systems customers fully benefit from SAP Zero Downtime Option!
- Innovations that come with SAP HANA will also be made available on other database platforms if they provide the required functionality and performance. IBM is determined to implement required capabilities for DB2 for z/OS, which already fully supports SAP Core Data Services.
Plus additional new sections like “SAP for Insurance 2016” and other additions in various sections.
Take a look!