A new feature provided by firmware 220.127.116.11 to access Pure Application's vCenter from External Applications, https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSNLXH_2.2.3/doc/systemconsole/c_ext_app_access_ov.html
IBM Spectrum Protect:
With this feature you can extend backup solutions, with IBM Spectrum Protect. In Pure Application System the ESXi infrastructure is deployed on internal IPv6 network and is not accessible from external ip, so you need to have a VSI deployed on PureApplication System with proxy role to access on ESXi.
To integrate the Spectrum Protect in Pure Application System you need:
- configure vCenter account, granted by all access, dedicated to backup/restore (SP4VE)
- DataMover VSI must be in Pure Application System with ipv4 network(external access) and ipv6 network (ESXi host access)
- Spectrum Protect need transport method: NBD
- Add privilieges IBMDataProtection to the SP4VE dedicated account.
Adding IPv6 on DataMover:
After deploy the VSI on Cloud Environment, access at vCenter client and add a new network inteface at VM on CONSOLE Network (3201).
Configure the IPv6 address on new ethernet adapter:
- Find the MAC address of that ethernet adapter ie: 98:01:a7:8d:06:bf
- Find IPv6 address on Console Network for one ESXi: fd8c:215d:178e:c51e:20c:54ff:fe9e:ab4l
- Use the last 4 digits to generate the IPv6: fd8c:215d:178e:c51e:20c:54ff:fe9e:06bf
- Assign the address generated as the IPv6 on eth2.