Leading from Below in Web 2.0+ Climate
Weekend Wall Street Journal offered piece entitled Leading from Below:pg (2) of the Business Insight Section (most advertising in this section provided by IBM). It's true that as weconnect with others whom may never see and certainly do not manage, aswell as those we "work with" and "work for", useful are tips onhow to help us all achieve a common purpose. Now that We All Knowbecause of the Internet, how can We All Get Something Done via theInternet?
From the Journal:
- Make a decision to be a leader by making time and being open to outside influences
- Focus on influence and not control. And influence existing processes; do not create new ones (note to self)
- Make your mental Org Chart a horizontal one more than a vertical one
- Work on Trusted Adviser Skills: listen, question, share what others have done
- Don't wait for the perfect time, just find a good time to get moving.