New capabilities are always coming to IBM Bluemix and now they are extending even further.
With Virtual machines now in Bluemix this allows you full control over your application. This allows with the significant flexibility to tune your application.
Right now you can request to be added to this beta service. Then you can start using it once the comfermation email is sent to you.
Here is a list of supported Operating systems
The following default images are supported:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0 x86_64
- CentOS 6.5 x86_64
- CentOS 7.0 x86_64
- Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS x86_64
- Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS x86_64
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 x86_64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Enterprise Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Datacenter Windows Server 2012 R2
- Standard Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
But you are able to upload your own image, just take a look in the documentation on how to do this, link below.
For more information check out the documentation here: https://www.ng.bluemix.net/docs/#starters/index-gentopic4.html#defaultvmimages