This post is contributed by Tajunnisa Kamalapuram, Marketing Manager - IBM Security Solutions.
Today's users want to access information whenever they wish and wherever they happen to be, prefer to use their favorite device for both corporate and personal activities. Customers want access to your network or your cloud to make purchases, find information or use applications. While these are great business models and a boon for productivity, but without proper safeguards in place, can put your organization at risk like data breaches, unauthorized access to critical information, So the primary reason for slow adoption of cloud and mobile technologies is the perceived challenge around security.
IBM Security Access Manager for Cloud and Mobile is an important milestone for IBM Security Systems, as it can support you to keep pace with the rapid security needs that emerge from new age technologies like cloud and mobile.
IBM Security Access Manager for Cloud and Mobile helps you adopt cloud based services, leverage single sign-on for secure information sharing across cloud environments. Using IBM Security Access Manager for Cloud and Mobile, you can implement a powerful identity mediation service for Cloud, SaaS and web services, while reducing administrative costs, establishing trust and facilitating compliance and built-in Mobile OTP authentication for increased identity assurance and ability to integrate with 3rd party strong authentication vendors.
IBM Security Access Manager for Cloud and Mobile extends user access protection to mobile and cloud environments using federated single sign-on, user authentication, and risk based access depending on location, device, and access pattern.
With IBM Security Access Manager for Cloud and Mobile you can
- Risk-based access helps you in fraud detection and prevention using user attributes and real time context (e.g. location, device)
- It improves productivity and gives you the ability to leverage new business models without worrying about security.
- Ensure authorized users have access to the applications, data and tools, while block unauthorized access
- You can protect sensitive data and ensure compliance when sharing information across trusted and untrusted external locations/applications.
- You can change and control security policies centrally to quickly, consistently and efficiently address compliance requirements
- You can eliminate the need to provide multiple user IDs and passwords and provide seam less single sign-on experience to users/customers.
- Set and enforce policies for who can access what information, when from what locations and how much can be accessed in a set time period.
- New federation first steps on-boarding capabilities for Salesforce, Workday, Office 365 and Google Apps
For more information on how IBM can help you better manage and secure both enterprise and end users visit http://www.ibm.com/software/security/products/samcm/.
Get more security news by following @IBMSecurity on Twitter.
** UPDATE **
Join IBM experts on cloud security Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 12 PM ET for a podcast, "A Framework for Securing the Cloud." Hosted by Caleb Barlow. This event will also be available on-demand here.
Likes before 03/04/2016 - 0
Views before 03/04/2016 - 6473