- InterConnect Livestream agenda: http://ibm.co/Wb4Loz (offers a break down by agenda and day)
- InterConnect folder on IBM Software Livestream channel: http://www.bit.ly/TEnnuL (lists Livestream videos in folders as soon as they are uploaded)
- InterConnect YouTube playlist: http://bit.ly/O66xV4(includes Livestream content from above plus the YouTube videos we were showing in the social media lounge and some hot topic sessions)
While at the conference, I enjoyed much of my time attending Mobile Enterprise sessions (see my earlier blog entry) and interviewing the Mobile experts.
- Marie Wieck, IBM General Manager, Application and Integration Middleware: http://bit.ly/PrFVQY
- Leigh Williamson, IBM Distinguished Engineer: http://bit.ly/WZX5Fd
- Vijay Dheap, IBM Security Mobile Solutions: http://bit.ly/RBTNEC (on stage) | http://bit.ly/UPUqjV (roving)
- Sandy Carter, IBM Vice President of Sales, Social Business Solutions: http://bit.ly/WaZNIm
- Kevin Custis, IBM GBS, Global leader for Social Business and Mobile Services: http://bit.ly/TLRmid
- Matthew Kemp, IBM Software Sales, Mobile: http://bit.ly/XJ7gy5
Hot topic session: "Speeding innovation and extending reach with Mobile Enterprise"
- Fragmentation of devices and platforms
- Speed and frequent iteration of mobile lifecycle
- Online/offline functionality
- Security to protect corporate data
- Connectivitiy to back-end systems and cloud
- Mobile context taking advantage of unique capabilities such as geo-location
Then, IBM Mobile Foundation specialist, Miku Jha, took us through some of the unique IBM Mobile offering solutions that help with some of the issues above and discussed some of the most recent IBM announcements in Mobile Solutions and Services such as IBM Security Access Manager (ISAM) forCloud and Mobile,IBM Mobile Development LifecycleSolution, and new offerings inIBM Mobile Enterprise Services.
During a roundtable discussion, IBM customers, TBC and Gadens, and IBM Business Partners, FA Solutions and Streebo, shared how they implemented their mobile solutions. IBM filmed the hot topic session for replay.
The Mobile Enterprise exchange session at the conference was excellent, During the session, Kevin Custis, Global leader for Social Business and Mobile Services for IBM GBS, led approximately 50 attendees in a highly engaging, open discussion on the most pressing challenges in implementing Mobile Enterprise solutions. Topics ranged from user experience, security, debates about devices and development platforms, and the evolution of mobile strategies. 32% of respondents said that "Optimizing user experience" is their biggest concern in application development. One customer commented, "It's increasingly more easy to deliver an experience, but it's the nuance of the experience that will differentiate a company."
When asked, What have been your most significant challenges with connecting/integrating mobile into the rest of your IT environment?," 52% of respondents said "We have not developed our approach yet, and are still evaluating our challenges." Generally, the group felt that they ranked alongside competition since much of the industry has not evolved this space yet.
While roaming around the conference, I took a few pictures of Mobile sessions and experts. Enjoy!
Listen to the IBM Mobile broadcast on the latest IBM Mobile news and announcements Visit the IBM Mobile Enterprise Website Follow @IBM Mobile on Twitter Join IBM Mobile on Facebook Join the IBM Mobile LinkedIn Group Connect with IBM Mobile Thought Leaders on Twitter View and share photos on the IBM Mobile Flickr Group Read the Mobile Frontier Blog
Likes before 03/04/2016 - 1
Views before 03/04/2016 - 6802