Four years of research and the future of analytics are unveiled tonight at 7:30 PM Eastern, as Watson takes on Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter on a special three-day run of Jeopardy!
As of this writing, Watson remains in the lead in the Web visitors' poll at 55 percent. However, Brad Rutter has made significant gains at the expense of Ken Jennings, moving from single digits a few weeks ago to 26 percent, seven points ahead of Jennings. No doubt these numbers will shift again based on the outcomes of tonight's episode.
It's been a fascinating and fun ride so far, and if you're curious to know what Watson means for your own analytics-driven future, here are seven things you can do before tuning in:
- Read my earlier post featuring insights on Watson from Don Campbell, Craig Statchuk and Colin Moden. These folks know our current offerings inside out and are keen industry watchers, too.
- Read the discussion going on in our LinkedIn group. There's been some great observations from around the world on Watson's potential to drive insights further into an organization.
- Read what others are saying about Watson on the Social Media Aggregator. You'll find blogs, tweets, videos and more from a global group of eager and engaged fans.
- Follow Watson on Twitter (hashtag #IBMWatson) for the latest updates.
- Read a review of Final Jeopardy! Man vs. Machine and the Quest to Know Everything, the new book on Watson by renowned author Stephen Baker. You can also download the free Jeopardy! viewing kit, complete with cut-outs of Alex Trebek's moustache.
- Read A Computer Called Watson, the excellent essay by IBMer Chris Nay in the IBM Centennial's "Icons of Progress" series.
- Begin your own journey to better business outcomes by reading our white paper, Better Business Outcomes with Business Analytics or by learning more about IBM Business Analytics software on our Web site.
First time watcher? Check local listings here (U.S. only)
Likes before 03/04/2016 - 0
Views before 03/04/2016 - 2111