How about bacon ON a muffin?
Can Elephants Tweet?
Building the Social Business at IBM
It's OK. We know "IBM" and "social media" probably aren't too closely linked in your mind. Truth is, though, Big Blue is incredibly social -- and incredibly successful because of it. From tip sheets and tagging to worldwide jams, IBMers are rapidly redefining the way they engage with customers and prospects, and they're driving the business forward as a result. Join Delaney Turner as he outlines the rationale and tactics IBM uses to transform itself into a social business and shares stories of some recent big wins. You'll discover:
- Why IBM encourages employees to "get social"
- How IBMers are making their marketing programs more social and interactive
- How to build an enablement and education strategy for your own organization
Mammoth topics all, and I hope I delivered on some of the high points. Thanks again to all who turned out, tweeted, and posed some really great questions. Also, thanks to IBMers Rawn Shah, Luis Suarez, Christoph Papenfuss, Kate Motzer, Chris Nay and Brandi Boatner for providing much of the material.
If you're curious to see the slides, you can download them from the "Files" area of my IBM Profile.
Social Media Breakfast Ottawa with Delaney Turner from SMBOttawa on Vimeo.
Also... Jason Faber of WebFuel wrote this very kind blog review and Jim Donnelly wrote this recap almost immediately afterwards.
- "Turbo" Todd Watson
- Luis Suarez Rodriguez
- Sandy Carter
- Christoph Papenfuss
- Rawn Shah
- Tiffany Winman
- Jack Mason
- Jon Iwata: Toward a New Profession: Brand, Constituency and Eminence on the Global Commons
- IBM Social Computing Guidelines
- IBM: From Stretched to Strengthened Insights from the IBM Global CMO Study
- IBM: Jamming on Social Business: Exploring new approaches for the next era of business
- IBM: The Social Business: Advent of a new age
- IDC: Becoming a Social Business: The IBM Story
- Get Bold: Using Social Media to Create a New Type of Business, by Sandy Carter
- Social Networking for Business: Choosing the Right Tools and Resources to Fit Your Needs, by Rawn Shah
- The new CMO Mandate: Corporate Character, by Carolyn Heller Baird, CMO Study Global Director, CRM Global Lead, IBV, IBM Global Business Services
- Fast Company: "Move Over Social Media; Here Comes Social Business (My mistake - I had originally listed this as appearing in WIRED.)
- Luis Suarez: "I Freed Myself from Email's Grip"
- McKinsey: Rise of the networked enterprise: Web 2.0 finds its payday
- McKinsey: How companies are benefitting from Web 2.0: McKinsey Global Survey Results
- IBM Social Business Web site
- IBM Social Business Tumblr site
- IBM Social Business Insights blog
- Blue IQ overview
- White Paper: Nurturing Blue IQ: Enterprise 2.0 Adoption in IBM
Likes before 03/04/2016 - 0
Views before 03/04/2016 - 1663