IBM and Box have forged a global partnership that will combine the best-in-class technologies and resources of both companies to transform work in the cloud. This partnership can help individuals, organizations, and industries easily and securely access, edit, share and apply analytics to business information. This strategic partnership combines the strengths of both companies to deliver new client value so that IBM can address customers' increasing needs for productivity, security, and insight-driven collaboration.
The integration of IBM Enterprise Content Management (ECM) products with Box for secure file sharing and collaboration opens new possibilities for achieving higher levels of capability within ECM.The confluence of a simple, readily accessible, cloud-based synch-and-share capability provided by Box is augmented, and the IBM ECM product suite provides enterprise users with a higher set of capabilities that provide even greater business value than the individual products alone.
This powerful combination of Box and IBM capabilities also enables new and enhanced patterns of collaboration.
Integration ofContent Navigator with Box enables:
- Collaborative content experience on all content across the enterprise for improved insight and control.
- Browse, search, view (Daeja Virtual), add documents and folders, check-in and check-out, tags, comments, view document properties.
- Work is currently being done to link the DICOM viewer from Box into Content Navigator.
- Hybrid infrastructures bringing content on premises and on the cloud together.
- Cross repository search across on premise ECM systems and Box.
Integration of IBM Case Manager with Box enables:
- Case Workers to work with documents in Box and interact with external participants without having to leave their normal case work environment.
- Case Workers to deliver information or outcomes securely to external parties.
- Launch new cases based on content in Box folders.
Integration of IBM Datacap with Box to enables:
- Capture documents from multiple input sources and store them in Box.
- Access and retrieve documents and information from Box to process in Datacap (OCR, etc.).
With the Integration of IBM StoredIQ with Box, customers receive benefits including:
- StoredIQ for Migrations enables customers to migrate on-premises content (SharePoint sites, file shares and others) to Box by providing insight into their on-premises data, classifying it and uploading it to Box.
- StoredIQ for Migrations support for copying and moving data from Box
- StoredIQ for Legal enables customers to perform eDiscovery on all of their on-premises data sources and Box in a unified way
In the upcoming IBM Redbooks publication IBM Enterprise Content Management and Box, REDP-5230, this ECM and Box integration is described in detail with integration examples of each of these four ECM products and Box. This paper also present an end-to-end integration example of Box and Content Navigator, Case Manager, Datacap, and StoredIQ.
Likes before 03/04/2016 - 0
Views before 03/04/2016 - 716