IBM Enterprise Records can help an organization automate all record-based activities by supporting the entire lifecycle of records from creation to disposition. IBM Enterprise Records is an electronic records management application. Enterprise Records provides ongoing governance for records to help ensure that they remain trusted, accurate, and compliant with the enterprise's Records Retention and Management policies.
IBM Enterprise Records is a fully functional records management application that supports standard records management functionality, including:
- File plan design and creation
- Record declaration and classification
- Record retention and disposition
- Management of electronic and physical records
- Record search and retrieval
- Record holds
- Auditing and reporting
IBM Enterprise Records V5.2 provides a number of new features to help organizations meet their records management needs, including:
- An all new web-based user interface based on IBM Content Navigator. This new and improved IBM Enterprise Records interface will enhance the existing ZeroClick technology by further reducing the number of clicks required to run records management tasks, thereby improving the efficiency of records management teams.
- IBM Content Manager Enterprise Edition (CM8) integration improvements for enhanced IBM Enterprise Records performance that speed implementation time frames, reduce records management application footprints, and improve ongoing maintenance. This new integration with IBM CM8 removes the requirement for Content Federation Services and provides a highly scalable records management implementation to meet the demands of the largest IBM CM8 systems.
- Performance improvements for large-scale record operations through lighter weight containers and automatic workflow enhancements.
- Reporting improvements include new functionality that allow users to declare IBM Enterprise Records reports as a record. IBM Enterprise Records includes IBM Cognos® Business Intelligence so organizations can run the included reports. Crystal Reports will continue to be supported, as in previous versions.
IBM Enterprise Records is much more than just a records management application. Because of its integration with IBM FileNet Content Manager, the benefits and capabilities are much greater than the sum of its individual parts, which includes:
- Fully integrated architecture and repository
- Intuitive user interface
- Comprehensive search
- Federated records management
- Compliance infrastructure (not a point solution)
- Automated records capture
- Active compliance
IBM offers a comprehensive records and retention management solution that enables you to modernize records retention. You can create a program that encompasses a global operating environment and agency-wide records liaison or coordinator networks. The solution determines information value, identifies regulatory requirements, and interlaces privacy requirements and disparate information sources. The key component of this solution is the IBM Enterprise Records!
- IBM Redbooks publication: Understanding IBM Enterprise Records, SG24-7623-01
- Legal, regulations, and compliance on Records Management
- IBM Enterprise Records System Architecture Overview
Likes before 03/04/2016 - 0
Views before 03/04/2016 - 3572