Installing ICMI in a Cluster Setup
The Network Deployment option in the ICMI installer is not meant to be used for cluster environments. The ICMI installer supports WAS Standard and Network Deployment. However it does not support ND in cluster setup. There should be a Cluster option like in the Case Manager Configuration tool tasks.
The workaround for the customer would be to go for manual install of ICMI REST services and ICMI custom widgets. The ICMI installer primarily does the following:
- Extracts the build package contents to a local folder.
- Deploys ICMI REST services on WAS using file IntelligentInvestigationRestEAR.ear.
- Registers and deploys ICMI custom widgets using file IntelligentInvestigationWidgets.zip
So, the workaround for the customer is to carry out steps 2) and 3) above.
If you refer to the ICMI Knowledge Center (http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSBK6W_5.2.0/com.ibm.icmideployment.doc/iimid001.htm ) topic on ‘Installing and deploying IBM Case Manager for Investigations’, there are 6 main tasks involved. Of these, the task “1. Install IBM Case Manager for Investigations” involves running the ICMI installer. For the workaround, the revised order would be as follows:
- Install IBM Case Manager for Investigations.
1 a. Workaround steps for manual install of ICMI REST services and ICMI custom widgets.
- Create the data models.
- Configure the REST services.
- Deploy the component operations.
- Import the solution template to create a new solution or update an existing solution.
- Create event handlers to trigger notification from Content Platform Engine events.
Before you begin
You should have completed the task “Installing IBM Case Manager for Investigations”. You will encounter an error due to WAS cluster setup not supported by ICMI installer. But the files for the IBM Case Manager for Investigations components would have being extracted in the installation directory. Of these we need IntelligentInvestigationRestEAR.ear and IntelligentInvestigationWidgets.zip to perform a manual install which the ICMI installer could not perform.
In this section, you will be installing the REST Service EAR onto the application server where IBM® Case Manager is deployed.
- Log in to the integrated solutions console of IBM WebSphere® Application Server (WAS) that is running the IBM Case Manager.
- Ensure that the maximum JVM heap size of the application server where you install this application is at least 1024 MB.
- Navigate to Servers > Server Types > WebSphere application servers, open the application server where you will install the application.
- On the Configuration tab, select Java and Process Management > Process definition.
- On the Process definition page, select Java Virtual Machine. On the Java Virtual Machine page, set the configuration such that the Maximum heap size value is at least 1024 Mb.
- Save the changes and restart the WAS server.
- Navigate to Applications > Application Types > WebSphere enterprise applications and click on Install.
- Provide the path to the new application by giving the folder location (ICMI installation directory) of the file IntelligentInvestigationRestEAR.ear. Click Next.
- Select the Fast Path option. Click Next.
- Keep default values for the installation options. Click Next.
- On the step ‘Map modules to servers’, ensure that for IntelligentInvestigationRestEAR module, the server is the same where IBM Case Manager is installed. Click Next.
- Keep default values for the step ‘Metadata for modules’. Click Next.
- On the Summary step, click Finish.
- Save the changes after successful installation.
2Install the ICMI Custom Widgets Package
In this section, you will be deploying the ICMI custom widgets onto the application server where IBM® Case Manager is deployed.
- Launch the IBM Case Manager configuration tool and open the IBM Case Manager profile in use.
- Right-click the profile and then click Add New Task > Deploy and Register Widgets Package to create a new task.
- For Widgets package file path provide the path to the widget package file by giving the folder location (ICMI installation directory) of the file IntelligentInvestigationWidgets.zip.
- Click on Run Task to register your widget package and to deploy it in your design environment.
- Log in to the integrated solutions console of IBM Websphere® Application Server that is running the IBM Case Manager.
- Navigate to Applications > Application Types > WebSphere enterprise applications, and ensure that IntelligentInvestigationWidgets application is started.