- Show measurable results: There is a big difference between saying “This worked for us” and “We achieved a 35% Return on Investment”. Measurable results are a great way to prove the effectiveness of your strategies to your audience.
- Use real-life examples: There is no substitute for experience. Audiences love to hear directly from people who have implemented winning strategies. If you’re an IBMer or an IBM Business Partner, team up with a client to bring your story to life. If you’re a client, dedicate some of your time to letting your audience know how things really worked, or didn’t!
- Avoid sales pitches: Infomercials are not welcome. Audiences want to learn how to be successful; if that includes a mention of a specific product or service, then great. If that focuses solely on a given product or service, then audiences will tune out. If you came to advertise, you should participate in our solution center.
- Explain the big picture - how your organization collaborated: Software delivery is a team sport. And while your presentation may focus on a specific aspect of software delivery, it likely has impacts on other areas of, or individuals within, your organization. Don’t forget about those impacts, tell us how you integrated and collaborated with other tools, areas or individuals. We want to understand the full impact of your strategies.
- Speak to your industry: Sometimes your successful strategies will be dependent on circumstances unique to your organization. Consider generalizing your guidance so that it will apply to others in similar industries or more generic situations.
IBM Rational community
sjpeich 270000KJQC Tags:  conferences software innovate2012 thought-leadership featured rational communities 10,532 Views
At Innovate 2012, you can share stories and best practices, and tell your peers how Rational software solutions have helped you innovate, transform, and produce better business outcomes.
Improve your chances of getting your paper accepted by following these 5 tips:
These are great guidelines not only for Innovate, but any conference you apply to speak at.
The submission deadline is January 9, 2012. Review the streams, tracks and suggested topics on the Innovate website.
sjpeich 270000KJQC Tags:  agile conferences software alm rational systems thought-leadership development application featured innovate2012 cloud business-planning 9,160 Views
The Innovate team wants to get the most compelling stories and best practices, so they've extended the call for papers deadline to January 16! The Innovate agenda will feature over 400 technical sessions in 24 tracks. Review this year's streams, tracks, and suggested speaker topics, and see how you might contribute your expertise!
Here's how you benefit if your paper is accepted:
Innovate 2012 is shaping up to be our very best event yet, so mark your calendars and invite your colleagues to do the same!
sjpeich 270000KJQC Tags:  thought-leadership innovate2012 software communities agile mo modeling embedded-systems cloud ibm-champion application-development alm 8,075 Views
In March, Gina Poole, our VP of WW Marketing, announced the 2012 IBM Champions for Rational software. At Innovate, we're honoring them in style:
Awards and presentations are great, but true to reasons for being named "champions", they love to show off what they know about Rational software and solutions. 13 of them will be at Innovate, while 5 more will be attending Innovate and user group events in their regions later this year. Learn more from their community bio page about where you can meet champions and how to connect with them throughout the year.
All of their exhibit booth numbers and session numbers are in that page. Use the agenda builder to add them to your schedule. You can also keep track of your schedule through the mobile app: Search "IBM Innovate 2012" in the App Store (iOS), Google Play (Android), or AppWorld (Blackberry). Bonus!!