With Enterprise PL/I for z/OS you can leverage more than 30 years of IBM experience in application development to facilitate your new On Demand Business endeavors, helping integrate PL/I and web-based business processes in web services, XML, Java, and PL/I applications. This compiler’s interoperability lets you capitalize on existing IT investment while smoothly incorporating new, web-based applications as part of your organizations infrastructure.
Enterprise PL/I for z/OS is an integral part of the comprehensive application development environment delivered with IBM Rational Developer for IBM System z® software—providing a robust, integrated development environment (IDE) for PL/I and connecting web services; Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) applications; and traditional business processes.
- Additional utilization of the latest IBM zEnterprise™ 196 architecture for improved compiler performance
- Compiler enhancements to improve debugging with the IBM Debug Tool
- XML generation for improved web interoperability
- SQL preprocessor and SQL support enhancements
- Productivity improvements including new options and messages