The developers in the Rational Integration Tester team have just made available some ready-to-run RIT/RTVS examples via the GitHub project ibm-rtvs/Examples.
All you need installed are the following products installed (V6.0.1, or above)
Example : echo
This very basic example takes advantage of the echo example web service that is built into RTCP and includes:
- A RIT project which contains a test to exercise the echo operation of the web service.
The instructions explain how to run the test against the echo web service.
Example : calculator
This example takes advantage of the calculator example web service that is built into RTCP. and includes:
A simple Java calculator application which uses the calculator web service to perform mathematical calculations.
Though the application itself remains unchanged, it can be launched in one of two modes.
- Normal mode where it connects directly to the web service
- Test mode, where traffic is routed through through a RIT proxy. This facilitates both tracing at the operational level and routing operations to the virtual calculators (stubs) provided in the RIT project.
A RIT project which contains
A data-driven test, fed by rows in a CSV file.
A series of basic test calculator tests, one per calculator operation.
A test suite which exercises basic calculator operations of the web service.
- Monitor definitions to facilitate tracing of all of the calculator operations
- A stub which simulates all of the operations of the calculator web service
- A partial stub which lets most operations pass-through to the actual web service but intercepts a specific operation (2+2) to return an unexpected value (5)
The instructions cover...