From January 27 - 31, there will be the annual gathering of developers, administrators and line of business executives, in Orlando, interested in collaborative technology that makes us Work Together
, superhuman, and social. For 20 years people have been coming to the conference formerly known as Lotusphere. Connect 2013 focuses on the business benefits of being social. How we can find more, see more, learn more, do more when we engage and leverage the people in our network. I grew up hearing people say that "it's not what you know, it's who you know". Social business gives insight to that statement. I am more efficient and productive when I utilize the people that I know. I know someone who works on "this stuff" who knows "a guy" that has "some information" that will help me solve my problem.
In recent years, there has been an increased focus on the line of business manager, whereas Lotusphere was always know for being very "techy". This year, there is the "Lotusphere Stream" which caters to the technical audience. There, you'll find sessions presented by engineers, rather than marketing professionals. What you may give up with regard to "polish" you get back in the way of technical insight. It's all about utility. This is where you'll get the information that you need from the people that you trust. Here are some highlights:
- The App Dev Throwdown is an opportunity to show off your code to your peers. Compete on the main stage, or vote for your favorite.
- Jane McGonigal talks about how we can save the world by playing more online games.
- Find out how The Social Business Toolkit SDK makes it easy to build social business applications using the languages that you already know.
- Hands-on labs give you the opportunity to take the latest technologies for a test drive.
- Meet the Developers Lab give you the chance to speak, one on one, to the engineers that wrote the code and get your questions answered.
The $400 discount is available through Monday, December 10th. So register