At Innovate 2012, you can share stories and best practices, and tell your peers how Rational software solutions have helped you innovate, transform, and produce better business outcomes.
Improve your chances of getting your paper accepted by following these 5 tips:
- Show measurable results: There is a big difference between saying “This worked for us” and “We achieved a 35% Return on Investment”. Measurable results are a great way to prove the effectiveness of your strategies to your audience.
- Use real-life examples: There is no substitute for experience. Audiences love to hear directly from people who have implemented winning strategies. If you’re an IBMer or an IBM Business Partner, team up with a client to bring your story to life. If you’re a client, dedicate some of your time to letting your audience know how things really worked, or didn’t!
- Avoid sales pitches: Infomercials are not welcome. Audiences want to learn how to be successful; if that includes a mention of a specific product or service, then great. If that focuses solely on a given product or service, then audiences will tune out. If you came to advertise, you should participate in our solution center.
- Explain the big picture - how your organization collaborated: Software delivery is a team sport. And while your presentation may focus on a specific aspect of software delivery, it likely has impacts on other areas of, or individuals within, your organization. Don’t forget about those impacts, tell us how you integrated and collaborated with other tools, areas or individuals. We want to understand the full impact of your strategies.
- Speak to your industry: Sometimes your successful strategies will be dependent on circumstances unique to your organization. Consider generalizing your guidance so that it will apply to others in similar industries or more generic situations.
These are great guidelines not only for Innovate, but any conference you apply to speak at.
The submission deadline is January 9, 2012. Review the streams, tracks and suggested topics on the Innovate website.