Software development and delivery thrives on the power of group-sourced ideas gained through communities. We want to help you find these communities easily and connect with peers online through the Rational communities and forums hub on developerWorks. It is a showcase of our most active communities related to application lifecycle management, Jazz development, enterprise modernization, agile development, and more.
As ideas and innovations change, so might the communities that support them. We'll make sure those communities are linked here for you as they emerge.
If you'll be at Innovate in Orlando, we have plenty of opportunities for you to learn more about Rational communities. Leaders of these sessions will cover specifics about getting involved in developerWorks, Jazz.net, and our independent user groups, respectively:
Engineers can be social: A look at collaboration without traditional boundaries (BOF-1770)
June 4, 12:45 - 1:30 PM. Room: Oceanic 1 - Dolphin
Let IBM know how you use developerWorks content and communities to learn more about software and systems development, agile, cloud computing, mobile development and the latest, PureSystems. Meet the folks behind these communities and let them know what's working, what you want to see, and what other sites you visit. You can also meet our team of editors to learn how you can be a published author through developerWorks. But don't wait until Innovate. Join the discussion about this session now on the Rational community blog.
Get engaged: Getting the most out of Jazz.net portal (DR-2060)
June 4, 1:45 - 2:45 PM. Room: Australia 2 - Dolphin
Jazz.net is the public development portal and community website for Rational Jazz-based products. Attendees learn how to get the most out of Jazz.net so they can get what they want out of their tools. Participants can track the development teams` plans and activities, submit defects and requests, download the latest milestones, get answers to questions, and learn about how to use the tools more effectively. Jazz.net is all about helping users engage with developers and the broader community.
Unleashing the power of the Rational User Community (DR-1977)
June 3, 2:45 - 3:45 PM. Room: Southern II - Dolphin
The Rational User Community (nee the Global Rational User Group) independently represents more than 25,000 IBM Rational solutions users, with more than 90 regional groups spread across five continents. These groups provide an average of three meetings every week, some of which are delivered as virtual events to the whole Rational User Community. Each meeting or presentation enables an open forum to promote the exchange of information and real-world know-how between customers and with IBM Rational. They bring together bright minds and bright ideas on a regular basis, promoting an open and honest discussion and the chance to learn and share how to succeed with IBM Rational methods and tools. At this session learn what the Rational User Community can do for participants and their organizations' investments in IBM Rational solutions to maximize return on investment and benefit of a software delivery organization.
How to start up and lead a local IBM Rational User Community (BOF-2411)
June 4, 12:45 - 1:30 PM. Room: Oceanic 3 - Dolphin
This session is designed for all current, new, and potential IBM Rational User Community (RUC) leaders, providing the opportunity to learn from each other, share ideas and experiences, and enhance the experience for regional RUC members.
"What if I can't make it to these sessions?"
The Exhibition Floor is going to be alive with activity from all of our community members and social media experts:
- Agile Transformation community: An entire section of the room filled with experts who want to help you improve your organization's agile development strategy. If you belong to this community on developerWorks, make sure you stop by to meet other members!
- Global Rational User Community: Look for them at pedestal #36 in the Solutions Center. They'll be happy to answer any questions that you have about Rational User Groups in your region.
- Jazz.net and Rational Cafes: The Developers Zone is the place to be to learn how you can collaborate with IBM developers through these communities year-round to track development, milestone releases, and overall, improve your day-to-day use of Rational tools.
- developerWorks: Look for them at pedestal #35 in the Solutions Center to learn more about Rational communities, plus those that have formed around PureSystems, cloud computing, mobile development, and web development.
- connectED lounge: Past attendees will remember this space as the Social Media lounge. Stop by to ask questions about how to give you and your business a visible boost through social media. Get a cool prize for visiting. Also look for social concierges to help you navigate social media for Innovate.
If I've missed a community gathering that's happening at Innovate, post it in the comments below. I'm sure everyone is getting excited to meet each other in person. Can't make it to Orlando? Then be sure to check these communities often online and make your virtual presence known through blogs and discussion forums. Members at the conference will make sure you're a part of the action, and that you don't miss a thing!