Here the most notably features and updates available in RAD v9.6 Beta2:
- Based on pre-release Eclipse 4.6 (Neon M6).
- Development and server tools that support the beta version of WAS Traditional application servers versions 9.0. This now includes support for J2C on WAS 9. For WAS traditional 9 details see WebSphere Application Server Open Beta.
- A new framework for integrating your favorite Command Line Interface (CLI) tools into the IDE user experience. For IBM's point of view on why this matters see Why CLI. For details on how to use this new capability see Integrating Command-Line tools in RAD. This framework was made available in the first beta drop. New enhancements delivered in drop #2 include:
- integration with the Console view (the outputs of commands can be reviewed without leaving the workbench, and you can input data via the console to work with interactive commands).
- Ability to specify the context scopes for specific commands (Product scope, Workspace scope, Project scope).
- if Product scope is selected, the menu items for the command will be available for all workspaces created using RAD.
- if Workspace scope is selected, the menu items for the command will be available to all projects under the current workspace.
- if Project scope is selected, the menu items for the command will be visible only for the specified project(s).
- Initial introduction of tools that support development of applications in a running Liberty/remote Docker image.
- New Swagger-based tooling for REST API discovery.
- Tools support for JSR 352 Java Batch implementation.
- Tools support for JAX-RS 2.0.
- Support for import and export of Java JVMTI profiling filter (workspace filter is the default filter).
- Eclipse tools for Bluemix 22.214.171.124.
- Updated CloudFoundry (bug fixes and the integration of the new CF plugins from Eclipse).
- The integrated Cordova CLI is updated to v6.0.0. See the official announcement from Apache Cordova http://cordova.apache.org/news/2016/01/28/tools-release.html
- The included IBM SDK for Node.js is upgraded to v4.4 LTS.
Thank you for your interest on this blog. Please share your thoughts, comments and questions with development team at Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software Beta Forum http
IBM RAD Development team.
Rational Application Developer - http
Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software Open Beta - http